My nutty, light & fruity take on this delicious dessert!
(or 4 large)
min. 1 hour
1 can of full-fat (!) coconut milk,
chilled in the fridge either overnight or for at least 5-6 hours
prior to making the cheesecakes
1/2 teaspoon of dry yeast
a small packet of vegan biscuits
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
50gr mixed dried fruits & nuts
50gr coconut butter (melted)
frozen forest fruits & berries,
alternatively you can top them with fresh banana & kiwi,
or raspberries/strawberries.. use your imagination 🙂
- Put the nuts & dried fruits in a chopper and pulse until pulverised.
Melt the coconut butter.
- Put 12 biscuits in a zip lock bag, cover with a towel, then use an empty wine bottle or a rolling pin to bash them to dust.
- In a mixing bowl add the crushed biscuits, the pulverised nuts and fruits, and the melted coconut oil. Give everything a good stir until the butter has spread evenly among the biscuit mix.
- Split the biscuit base mix evenly between the 6 small coffee cups. Press down with a spoon to create that firm cheesecake base.
- Open the can of coconut milk. The chilling process should have separated the coconut milk into two parts, there should be the now coconut cream on top and on the bottom – coconut water. Scoop out the cream and put in a small mixing bowl. Save the coconut water for a smoothie 🙂
- Add the yeast and sugar and mix all together. Then, put 2 tablespoons in each cup and if there’s any left split it evenly between the 6 of them. Press the creamy mixture down with the spoon onto the biscuit base.
- Top with the frozen berries, or chop & slice fresh fruits and decorate with them. Press them down a bit into the creamy mixture.
- If you have a big glass (or plastic) container with a lid, place the little cups in there (if not, then cover each cup with plastic foil) and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer into the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Take them out at least 20 minutes prior to serving.