Quick, easy & that’s breakfast sorted for a week!
4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of flaxseed
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of raisins or half and half with other dried fruits
(I put dried cherries)
1 teaspoon of salt
a little less than 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 tea spoons of vanilla essence
1/2 cup of honey (or more)
- Pre-heat the fan oven to 175°C (347°F).
- Put the flaxseed and walnuts in a chopper and pulse a few times until they’re roughly chopped, yet almost pulverised.
- Put all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut butter. Then add it to the bowl, as well as the vanilla essence and honey.
- Mix everything well with a wooden spoon.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper in a baking tray and pour the mixture in, spreading it everywhere evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then take the tray out to give the granola a good mixing, then put in to bake for another 10 minutes. Have a look and decide if it needs a few more minutes in the oven – the colour you’re after is gold-brown!
- Once out the oven, leave it to cool and then put in a food container.
Enjoy with any sort of (nut) milk or (vegan) yogurt. 🙂